Control a Minecraft world from Julia
PiCraft is a Julia package which utilizes the Minecraft: Pi edition programming API to control the Minecraft World. The package can be used with Minecraft: Java Edition with the help of
With this package you will be able to :
- Write scripts to teleport and walk over Water and Lava.
- Construct multi-storey skyscrapers within seconds.
- Draw fractals and shapes using a 3-D turtle.
- Import and export
.schematicmodels without external software.
This library requires a working installation of Minecraft on your machine. On the Raspberry Pi, this is the only required dependency. On a PC or Mac, the basic Minecraft install needs to be paired with an unofficial plugin that provides the programmatic API access.
- The Minecraft: Pi edition is pre-installed on all Rasbian since September 2014. Launch it by navigating to
minecraft-piin the terminal. However, if you are running an older version of Raspbian get it here.
- Get the Minecraft: Java edition(MacOS, Linux and Windows) here.
Officially the ability to communicate with the Minecraft world is only available for the Minecraft: Pi edition. To get this to work on the Java edition we need to install a Mod.
- "RaspberryJamMod" is a Forge Mod, if you wish to use this along with other Forge mods then this is recommended. Installation instructions are available here.
- "RaspberryJuice" is a Bukkit server plugin, recommended if you wish to work on a Bukkit Minecraft server. Get it here.
There is a disagreement in the coordinates reported by Minecraft's debug mode and the
getPos() command. Enter
/setworldspawn 0 0 0 in the Minecraft console to remove this discrepancy.
Download the appropriate Julia version for your system from here.